Chinese New Year Begins!!!

Today is what the Chinese (normally the older generation) call 正月初一 (zheng yue chu yi). Translated, it means the first day of the first lunar month, or first day of the new year. It is also commonly known as the Chinese New Year. My family and I went to visit relatives on the “father side”, or relatives related to my father. I enjoyed every moment of it as families and relatives rarely gather together nowadays. They all have work and some even work in places far away. Tomorrow I will visit relatives on the “mother side”. Don’t you think it is interesting? Each year during this festival, we will meet new relatives, but also sadly, we will lose some. So, we must appreciate what we have now and not grieve for it when it is gone. Hope you all have a good festive season. Happy New Year!

 

PS: If you want to find out more about Chinese New Year, click here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment