One day trip

I had a restless night yesterday and so wanted to wake up late this morning. Then, my sister woke me up and reminded me we had a family trip to Penang today. So I forced myself to get out of bed. I slept through most of the journey to Penang.

When I woke up, we were already on the Penang Bridge. Later, we went to Queensbay Mall and shopped there for a while. Then, we had McDonald's for lunch. There was this McValue offer from 12pm to 3pm. When we arrived at the outlet, there was not much customers in it, so we decided to sit down first. Suddenly a few minutes later (aroud 11.55pm), a whole horde of customers appeared inside the outlet. In the end, we had to queue up for around 10 minutes before we get our lunch.

After eating lunch, we went to the famous temple Kek Lok Si as my sister had a project to do. We climbed high and low and took a lot of pictures (most of them just my sister). My father was furious because he had to pay twice just because he parked at two different places. When we arrived at the foot of the hill, we had supper at a famous road-side stall. We had the famous Penang laksa. It was fantastic. Although I have only eaten it twice altogether, I love it! Not only is it tasty, it costs less than RM3!

After finishing the laksa, we decided to head home. My father decided to go back to the mainland by ferry and in the end, we got stuck in a major traffic jam and delayed us for at least 30 minutes. While waiting for the traffic congestion to clear up, I drifted off into dreamland, again. After arriving at the mainland, we had dinner at a fishing village called Sepetang. We had seafood for dinner. It was also very delicious.

At around 9pm, we headed home. Overall, it was a nice trip to Penang. Not only does it allows you to have a relaxing time, it also tightens the bond between family members. I hope there will be more similar family trips in the future.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Hi, I am from Malaysia, currently residing in Singapore. I am studying in Hwa Chong Institution. Feel free to look around. If you want to contact me, please email me. Remember to add me on MSN!